Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Late Great Don Knotts

When I was a youngster, I use to have one mission in my daily life. Watch as much Scooby Doo as possible. My earliest use of time management was planning my daily nap around Scooby's start time. And as much as I loved any old episode of Scooby Doo, I loved "Special Guest Star" episodes the most. The Harlem Globe Trotters, Batman & Robin, Josie & the Pussycats, Phyllis Diller, Laurel & Hardy, etc. But the best of the best was Special Guest Star Don Knotts.


When I was kid, it seemed like Don Knotts would pop up on every TV show that I watched. I think the late 70's & early 80's were all about the Special Guest Stars. And of course, there was the Andy Griffith show but I shunned black & white in my early years. Three's Company would be daily after school viewing for years and years. And Mr. Furley? He was awesome. Way better than the Ropers, in my opinion. But that's probably because the Ropers were never on Scooby Doo.