Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Dream Couch of Yesterday

My first dream couch was the one in Holly GoLightly's apartment in Breakfast at Tiffany's:



Oddly, It was only after 10 or 20 viewings that I realized the true awesomeness of the couch. That it was a claw-foot tub couch. No kidding. In my defense, that movie has a lot of things you can't take you eyes off of and the couch isn't this obvious in the movie.

Now a claw-foot tub couch can present a hundred of different problems. First, how do you find one? There's probably not a surplus of them laying around. And, is it just a couch made to look like a claw-foot tub or is it an actual converted tub? Because I own a claw-foot tub and those things are the heaviest things ever. So the biggest problem of all would be, how do you get someone (or 6 someones) to help you move that thing?! You have to have a party every time you wanted to rearrange your living room.

These days, it's no longer my dream couch (the Petrie Sofa from Crate & Barrel gets that honor {this week}) but it's still pretty fucking cool. So I had to post this when I saw it this morning:


Found on Everything And Nothing via Apartment Therapy