Monday, February 12, 2007

Home Sweet.... uh, Home?

I have officially diagnosed myself with Decorating ADD.

It's a terrible disease in which many home improvement projects get planned (and some even get started) but not much actually gets done. There's so much to do that I can only focus my attention on one specific thing for so long... thus I end up with a bedroom that's almost primed and a bathroom that has almost been stripped of it's wallpaper and so much more that's just not done. And, this does not just apply to rooms in my house but to my furniture, too. I'm somewhat of an impulse shopper when it comes to used furniture. And most used furniture (at least the Goodwill/Abbie Ann's stuff I buy) comes with more potential than anything else... this couch will be awesome when I slipcover it or this table will be sweet when I refinish it. It's like I think I have nothing but time to do these projects.

Oh, and none of this is helped by the fact that I love so many different decorating styles. This creates a mish-mash of furniture and accessories that I have to somehow make work together.

(sigh) There got to be some sort of pill for all this...

Still, things seem to be getting done even if no one thing is finished yet. I can definitely see the light at the end of the decorating tunnel. I'll just keep chanting my hippie mantra* in the meantime... It will all come together. It will all come together. It will all come together.

And when it does, I'll throw a party.

*yes, i'm crazy