Sunday, March 25, 2007

Goyle & FUTK...



This is a sweet little picture I took this morning in bed. Goyle participating in his favorite activity... chewing. Chewing on his toys. Chewing on blankets. Chewing on me.... today he actually bit one of my boobs. Ow. Lack of sleep, lack of me time, lack of allergy pills... it's not for the faint of heart this pet parenthood thing. But it is all worth it. Right now, he's asleep (in my lap, of course) and having a dream of some sort. It's so f'in cute, I could die.

While he sleeps, I'm watching the Dixie Chicks documentary Shut Up & Sing. I would recommend it even if you are not a fan. I, personally, am not ashamed to admit that I am a fan. I own all the Dixie Chicks cd's. Their latest is in my car - still on heavy rotation almost a year later (I choose my country very carefully, I can maybe stand like < .5% of it because... well, let's just say... Fuck You Toby Keith). Anywho - the movie sort of bounces back and forth from the crazyness of the response to Natalie Maines' concert remarks to how it impacted the making of their most recent CD, Taking the Long Way. I think it's just a good reminder of how fucking lame it is to just follow and never question. Or maybe that is just my interpretation. It's the "rousing" part of my personality, I might follow you but you better give me a damn good reason (I learned that from taking the Jasper test on Monster).

So, inspired by the Dixie Chicks, that's my Sunday night advice: Always question your leaders. If you don't like their answers... bring the noise.