Friday, January 05, 2007

Books '06

(I remembered another book & added it on to the list)

In an effort to focus on (or ignore) one blog at a time, I will be joining my book blog with my main blog. It was really just so I could keep track of what I read and I can do that right here.

I had a goal of reading 30 books last year but life intervened and I only got through 16.... I should know better than to make the goal: read 30 books (see previous post). This year, I kept the total goal 30 but split it into three separate: read 10 books.

I have a new Saturday morning habit of waking up early, staying in my nice warm bed and reading for a couple of hours. That should help me finish some of the 12 books I've started in the past 6 months.

Here is the list of books that I finished in 2006:

Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs

Julie & Julia by Julie Powell

Night by Elie Weisel

Dress Your Family in Corduroy & Denim by David Sedaris

Dry by Augusten Burroughs

Nickel and Dimed by Barbara Ehrenreich

Dispatches from the Edge by Anderson Cooper

Conscious Eating by Body & Soul Magazine

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Magical Thinking by Augusten Burroughs

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

An Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore

Party of the Century by Deborah Davis

My Prescription for Anti-Depressing Living by Jonathan Adler

My Pet Virus by Shawn Decker

Blankets by Craig Thompson