Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Scarf! Scarf! Scarf!

Look! I finally finished my first scarf...


The picture is another bad camera phone image. I let Sookie (my dress form/art installation) wear it last night but snagged it for myself this morning. It has a few random flaws but I'm pretty proud. I certainly feel very comfortable with the knit stitch now. I managed to do the entire scarf without dropping a stitch. My next project will be... another scarf! But with a little purl stitch thrown in.

I'm going to the Sewing & Quilt Expo at the IX Center on Thursday and Friday. I'm so excited... I will probably take a couple of the classes. But what I'm really hoping for is some good shopping. I'm finding the crafty chain stores a little limiting in the fabric and yarn departments. I'm hoping the Expo will have some options that I don't see everyday.