Monday, March 20, 2006

Germs Suck

Didn't getting sick used to be fun when we were kids? Not so much anymore. I fully admit to being terribly paranoid of germs in certain situations... not enough to not participate in society or anything. But when I'm in a room with a bunch of people and I hear coughing and sneezing and sniffling, I'm pretty much become resigned to getting sick in the next week. This weekend I tempted fate by going to an EXPO and a huge auction in a barn. I'm feeling lucky that I only got a little stomach bug and not some sort of full blown ebola-mad-bird-foot flu. It's that adult ability to think of every possible sick scenerio that makes it suck the most. That and you have to make your own toast. Yeah, not so much fun.

Monday nights are pretty bad for TV to watch... when I remember it's on, I watch "Flip this House" on A&E. I'm pretty much convinced that Ginger must be sleeping with Richard in order to keep her job. Anyway, it's usually an interesting show... except tonight for some reason. Right now, they have a ghost expert in the house they're trying to flip. In fact, this whole episode seems to be focused more on ghosts and the historic town they're in than the actual house. Must have been an easy flip.

At 9:00, I'm gonna watch this week's episode of "Big Love" on HBO. I caught the pilot on HBO on Demand earlier today and now I'm all excited about seeing an HBO series from the beginning. You know, instead of waiting until they come out on DVD. It's a pretty good show. It's like the perfect role for Chloe Sevigny... looks like she gets to wear her own ugly clothes. Heh.