Saturday, November 12, 2005

Wish List: DVD Special Edition

Oh, DVD's... I can never get enough of you.

I've been waiting for them to re-release The Muppet Movie & The Great Muppet Caper for a couple of years and finally they'll be out on November 29th. Kermit's 50th Anniversary Editions no less. Wow... Kermit is getting old... how come Big Bird's still only 5 years old? Speaking of Jim Henson's genius, I have also been eyeing Fraggle Rock: Complete First Season and The Muppet Show: Season One. The original pilot of The Muppet Show was called "Sex & Violence!"? Awesome.

Other movies I waited years for but haven't bought yet: The Turning Point - awesome ballet movie with Anne Bancroft & Shirley MacLaine and Two for the Road - one of my favorite Audrey Hepburn movies.

Other TV shows I want on DVD... Seinfeld: Season 4, Season 5 & Season 6 and Lost: The Complete First Season.

Some other DVD's I want... Unzipped - Isaac Mizrahi documentary... if they ever release The Isaac Mizrahi Show on DVD that would be super cool. I Heart Huckabees - this movie rocks big time. Melinda & Melinda - very good Woody Allen movie... the only time I haven't cursed at the very site of Chloe Sevigny. Empire of the Sun - I love this movie... one of my favorite Spielberg movies. Band of Brothers - I can't even say enough good things about this mini-series brought to you by Spanks (Spielberg & Hanks).

My Wes Anderson collection is really sad considering how much I enjoy all of his movies. Here are the ones I don't own: Bottle Rocket, Rushmore & The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. And yes, I know that's every movie he's ever made except The Royal Tenenbaums.

Whoa! That's a lot of DVD's...