Friday, April 27, 2007

That's What Hippie Mantras Are For

I've been letting all of my frustrations with life out lately. Unfairly for the people around me, it's come out it in the foulest of foul moods. And it's just stupid. Being all Queen Bitch isn't gonna get me anywhere and it's just makes my mood worse in the end. Because then I just end up feeling bad. Whether or not my peeps understand my stress, it's still no reason to bring them down. That's hard to remember when you're feeling so crappy... you're like "wtf? why isn't everyone feeling like this?"

The reality of it is, they probably are in their own way & about their own things. Everyone's almost always got something to feel crappy about - relationships, family, work, money - whatever. What's good to remember is that most people mean well... I'm certainly not all pissy because I don't give a shit about anything or anyone. But it's still no excuse. I think things just get misinterpreted most of the time. You think someone doesn't understand you or where you're coming from and, 9 times out of 10, that person probably feels the same way. And it's totally possible that you're both right. But like I said before, being a bitch isn't gonna help.

So, as I was trying to chill out on my couch earlier, I decided to just suck it up & deal. Get out of my little funk and put on a happy face. I mean, I'll never be all sunshiny & bright, that's just not me. But I can be pretty outwardly chill... even about things I'm internally freaked by. And that's what I have a hippie mantra for, right? It's never as bad as it seems. And it usually all works out, one way or another, in the end. At least in my experience. So, if you see me in a corner with my eyes closed talking to myself... I haven't gone crazy. In fact, I'm trying very hard not to lose whatever sanity I started with. I'll just be thinking:

It will all come together
It will all come together
It will all come together
It will all come together
It will all come together
It will all come together
It will all come together
It will all come together
It will all come together
It will all come together

Plus, I have some good outlets... vodka & tequila. HAHAHA... Just kidding!! I mean great friends who seem to be ever so patient hearing about my life stresses. I hope I'm as equally helpful for them.

Oh, and I have a little bundle of cuteness who can almost always make me smile. Even when he's just laying around, bringing the stink....