Saturday, April 21, 2007

Out & About

So, lest anyone start to think I don't leave my house at all since Goyle arrived... last night I finally got out and saw a movie. Yea! I saw "The Namesake," which I thought was really beautiful. I liked it so much that I feel bad that it didn't get the money I spent on the movie. They accidentally gave me a ticket for 300 instead. Even after finding the website, I still have no idea what that movie is... but I did get to see the right movie in the end and thats really all that matters.

This, of course, means that G-dog was left all alone for 2.5 hours. Damn, if it's not heartbreaking everytime I put him in his room. I've read that Boston Terriers by nature do not like to be alone and he knows already when I'm coaxing him into the room it means alone time for him. So, he runs upstairs or "hides" on the arm of my old couch. And then, once I get him in there and manage to get myself out and close the door, this is what I have to look at:



Do ya see him there in the corner looking all sad and tragic... like being left alone with some toys, a nice bed and fresh food & water is some kind of puppy torture. (sigh) I'm thinking of starting to put him in there for about an hour a day to see if he gets used to it more... plus I might try revamping it a bit. I know he's still a lttle puppy and just not used to being alone but it doesn't make it easier for me. And I HAVE to get away every once in awhile... for sanity's sake.

Speaking of puppy being alone & revamping... I have to run out and get a few things because I'm gonna work on my patio today. Clean it up, rip out the dumb plants, plant some grass, put together my table and that should make a world of difference right there. I am also working on an idea to make it a little more private, too. For those who don't know, it's basically in my neighbor's driveway with only a stupid short fence seperating us - not the best view for sure - plus, since it's basically a museum for addicts, there are always people around (except at night - it's nice and quiet on that side of the house at night as no one actually lives there). Now, they are all very nice as far as I've noticed. But I am, by nature, not one who likes to be bothered by a lot of different people who I don't know. Especially ones who like to talk. A lot. And only about their little museum. Anywho - hopefully the privacy part will be easy enough & cheap enough for me to pull off. We will see how it turns out... I've been dreaming of a little outdoor space since I moved out of my mom's house. And now I have something and even if it's not my ideal, I'm gonna make it work. Because I love love love hanging out outside when it's nice... reading, chilling with friends, napping. Ah... see? I'm relaxing already.

And since I have a lot to do today... I better get started on it all.