Friday, October 28, 2005

Test Product: L'Oreal Color Pulse

Every once in awhile I just have to try out a new product I see at the store... so I thought I'd pass along my opinion about some of these products. The first Test Product... L'Oreal Color Pulse Concentrated Color Mousse in Iced Coffee.
Color Pulse is a concentrated color mousse that allows you to create vivid, intense color that washes out it only 8 to 10 shampoos. This month, black! Next month, red!
For starters, my hair is already naturally red... sort of a browny-blondy red. A stylist once told me that my natural shade is the most requested fake shade around. So, I certainly have nothing against my hair. But it's fun to change it up once and awhile... I'd been eyeing up Color Pulse so I picked up a can last night at Walgreens. The Iced Coffee shade is a deeper red than what I normally have:



I was hoping for the darker of the two shades. The product was surprisingly easy to use and there was an unbelievable amount of mousse in the little can. The directions reccommend using 2 cans for really long hair... my hair is down to my shoulder blades and one can was more than enough. So, you wash & towel dry your hair, apply the mousse, massage it into your hair, hang out for 30 minutes and rinse. I found it to be just as easy as that. It was hard to tell when my hair was wet but when I woke up this morning, my hair was definitely a deeper red then before. Think Grace from "Will & Grace" red. The color is lovely & very even... this might be my new fall color. I love it. I'd rate it as my number one at-home hair coloring experience.

L'Oreal Color Pulse