Thursday, August 11, 2005

Goodbye Miss Ellie

I hate to say it, but when my mom told me that Miss Ellie had died I was kinda shocked... because I thought she'd died a few years ago. I also would have thought she was much older than 82 but only because she was "so old" when I was a kid. Hey, that would mean that Miss Ellie had JR when she was 8... ew. So, she wasn't dead but now she is and it's sad cause Dallas was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid. And I always liked Miss Ellie... except when Donna Reed played her, she sucked. I loved it best when Miss Ellie would lose her temper and yell at JR. I'm interested in seeing some of her younger roles.

And what is it with lung cancer this week? First Peter Jennings dies (which made me cry.... 5 times), then Dana Reeve announces she's got it (how sad is that?)... and now Miss Ellie. Stupid lung cancer...

Barbara Bel Geddes, Lauded Actress, Dies at 82 - New York Times